In this episode of Records & Bands I speak with Ian Graham from the Cult Connections podcast and The Bantha Liberation Front
Ian joins me this week to go through the 10 questions I’m asking all our new guests so we’ll be getting into his Top 3 albums, a band he loves but no one else seems to care for and his perfect festival line up and takes me far away from my wheelhouse.
He also leaves us a song to add to our Playlist for the Ages.
Please check out Ian’s podcasts (links below) follow him on Twitter and remember to keep up with playlist on the website where you can also read about some of the records and bands we cover in the show
We had a really cool chat around his records and his answers to our questions but if you just want the highlights then read on…
1. What are your Top 3 Albums of all time ever?
Manic Street Preachers / The Holy Bible
George Duke / The Inner Source
Soundtrack / The Suspicious Death of a Minor
2a. What was the first record you bought with your own money or specifically asked someone to buy for you?
Sigue Sigue Sputnik / Flaunt It
2b. What was the last record you bought/streamed/downloaded?
The Big Moon / Here is Everything
3. Whose been the biggest influence on your record collection?
The Bank Balance!!
4a. What was the first gig you went to?
4b. And the last one?
5. Are you in a band? Is there a band you’d love be a part of?
6. It’s a one day festival. There’s 6 slots. Who are you booking?
7. Which band/artist makes you dance around the kitchen? (Like a Dickhead!!)
Donald Fagan / Tomorrow’s Girls
8a. Is there a band or artist that everyone loves but you just don’t get?
9. You can travel through time and space to any musical scene or era. Where are you going?
Late 60s/Early 70s Laurel Canyon
10. You get to add ONE song to our playlist of the best songs in the world which we’ll send into space or bury for our future selves. What song are you adding?
Les McCann / Beaux J. Poo Boo
You can find all the final song choices on a playlist on Apple Music, Spotify or on the website.
Records & Bands is written and produced by Rob Jones and part of The Lone Wolves Collective
We use Apple Music to listen to all the Records and Bands we bring to the show each week.
You can support this show by taking out a subscription using the link below.
Follow us on:
The Lone Wolves Collective – A new home for all our podcasts
Leave a Reply